Sunday 16 June 2013

Sleep? Yes please!

So its fathers day - little ones morning went as normal, been downstairs had a play etc etc, and we come to nap time.

Last night was horrible. 3 hours sleep for me as my little baby bear was tossing and turning. This morning I spot the issue - we are almost there with tooth number 1! Hallelujah! So that is why the bad sleep lately I realise. 11am came and baby bear was getting sleepy. The last few days his naps have got progressively worse with his wriggling etc. So I had stopped seeing it as a break for me.

Upon my usual facebook browse at 6am this morning however, I stumbled upon an app for the ipad - soundsleeper. Tried apps with noise before, but downloaded it anyway just to see what the who ha is about. Little one was fighting but falling asleep and I opened the app. There were several different noises available, of which I thought were quite well compiled - womb, car journey, ocean, rain, vaccum cleaner...

I selected the car journey, as little one tends to fall asleep in the car! All of a sudden the fight was over! Baby bear was sleeping. I went to close the app thinking it had done its job, nothing left to do. Then I find the button - "listen". Listen? Listen to what? 

I opened the help and find this app listens for when the little one stirs and automatically plays the noise again - soothing them back off! Well I will certainly try that I thought! 

Pushed the button after selecting "womb". And decided to chance getting some things done around the house. Usually the little one is such a light sleeper if I do anything he wakes up, and naps tend to be around 15 minutes lately because of it! 

Twice the noise activated. He was stirring, almost awake, and then back off. YES!!!

35 minutes after falling asleep, after I had got what I needed to do done, up gets my little baby bear. Happy, well rested, and ready to play with a chuffed mummy bear!  

All doubts out the window, this app works for us! Will certainly be using this afternoon. And tonight. And tomorrow. And the next day .....

Link below for anyone interested!

ITS FREE!!!

Sound sleeper app - itunes

No comments:

Post a Comment